11.10.2011

Popsicle Stick Christmas Tree

I know it's waaaaay too early for Christmas Crafts, but my daughter has been singing Christmas songs for months now so for us it's just about time.

I found this little craft on the Family Fun website. It's a cute little Christmas tree made out of popsicle sticks and sequins or any other little decorations you might have.

Supplies: Popsicle sticks, strong scissors, tacky glue/Elmer's glue, sequins, and/or pom-poms.

You'll need one thick popsicle stick and a few of the thinner ones. Start by cutting the the thinner popsicle sticks to different lengths to make 5 - 6 branches for the tree.

Family Fun says to use tacky glue to put the pieces together. Being the novice crafter that I am, I have no idea what tacky glue is. (I made a note to google it later). We tried to use a glue stick. That was a big fail. So I brought out my handy dandy glue gun (love that thing) and quickly assembled the tree.

Once you've got the tree put together, let your kid paint or color the tree with markers (preferably washable markers, lesson learned).

Then glue some fun decorations on the tree. For this we used good old Elmer's glue. While you're at it, be sure to check your horoscope to see how the rest of your day will turn out. ;)

And there it is! A butterfly Christmas tree! Nice job, Finley!

No comments:

Post a Comment