12.15.2011

Binary Christmas Light Show in Bothell


The kids and I headed to the Binary Christmas light show in Bothell tonight. It's a computer controlled display run by a couple of geeks who "spend their time on Christmas lights instead of more productive activities." Awesome!

The show is 3 houses on a small cul-de-sac near I-405 and SR-522. When we pulled up there were only two other cars there. A nice woman came up to the car to welcome us and gave the kids little candy canes.

The show was pretty cool. You tune your radio to 88.3 and watch as the lights flash in time to the music. And it was some fun music. If I closed my eyes and ignored the kids in the back seat, it was almost like being in a club back in my 20's.

Here's a little video to give you an idea.


Play, Stay Away or Just Okay
I'd definitely recommend checking it out. The woman who greeted us said that it gets busy later in the night and they have to start directing traffic. So I'd recommend going early. The only downside was fighting a bit of traffic on I-405 on the way there and back. But the upside was my 3-year-old fell asleep on the way home and was so tired she went straight to bed when we got home. I LOVE an activity that puts her to sleep!

Details ---
Where: Binary Christmas (12313 NE 165th St Bothell, WA)
When: 4:30 p.m. - 10 p.m. through January 8th, 2012
Cost: Free (Donations of non-perishable food will be accepted for HopeLink Food Bank.)
More Info: Binary Christmas website

No comments:

Post a Comment