1.02.2012

Crafting: Straw Necklace


A few months ago I had these big ideas of putting together little toddler busy bags for my son and daughter. I was going to buy all the supplies, get little projects together, put them in nicely labeled bags so I could whip them out at a moment's notice.

One of the projects I wanted to make was colored noodle necklaces. I even bought bulk pasta, food coloring and rubbing alcohol. Two months later all that stuff is still sitting in my garage. Never even made it into the house. Let's just say it's still on my "To Do" list.

Today I decided to do an even easier version of the noodle necklace. A straw necklace. It's so easy I should have done it months ago. All the supplies are already in the house and it takes seconds to prepare.


Supplies:
  • Shoelaces (take them out of a shoe if you have to)
  • Straws
  • Scissors

First step (and only step), cut the straws into pieces. And, you're done! Oh, and tie a knot in the end of the shoelace. Now, you're done!

Plop all those straw pieces in a cup, give your kids a shoelace and let them at it.


Finley had a lot of fun stringing the straws.


She was pretty proud of herself once she got the hang of it. I didn't even get a chance to take a picture of the end result because she immediately took it all apart and started all over again.

You can even turn it into a learning opportunity by using colored straws and showing your kids how to make patterns with the colors.

I'm sure I'll get around to making the noodle necklace at some point, but until then these straw ones will have to do!

Pin It

No comments:

Post a Comment