1.18.2012

I Scream, You Scream, We All Scream for Snow Ice Cream!

There is no shortage of snow in the Pacific Northwest right now. If you're tired of building snowmen, making snow angels, and sledding, here's another fun way to use it - snow ice cream! Some of you might question the cleanliness of making ice cream out of snow. If so, this isn't for you. My kids have eaten worse things, so I'm ok with it.

Ingredients:
  • A bowl full of snow
  • Sugar
  • Milk
  • Vanilla
Find some clean snow and fill the bowl.

Mix it all up until you get the an ice cream-like consistency. I used about 3 tablespoons of sugar, a teaspoon of vanilla and about a cup of milk.

My husband suggested putting in a bit of food coloring to make pink ice cream. We were out of red so I used yellow instead. Everyone loves yellow snow!

I thought my kids would love this, but Finley wasn't too happy about the ice cream being cold. "I want warm ice cream, Mommy!" And Grady wasn't sure what to think. I thought it was pretty tasty. I hope your kids are a little more appreciative!

If you're looking for more activities to keep your kids busy during our Winter Snow Blast, here's my list of activities to avoid the dreaded meltdown. Or check out the Crafts and Activities page.

2 comments:

  1. Are these the correct measurements?

    - Bowl Full of Snow
    - 3 Tablespoons of sugar
    - 1 Teaspoon of Vanilla
    - About a cup of milk

    - Just a touch of Red Food Coloring to make it pink (optional)
    - Sprinkles (optional)

    ReplyDelete
  2. Yep! That's what I used for a big bowl of snow (probably about 8 cups). You can taste it as you go and add more if you need to. Have fun!

    ReplyDelete