3.21.2012

Cooking for Kids: Pineapple Zucchini Muffins

Who doesn't love a big pile of muffins?
I pick up a box of fruits and veggies from Full Circle every week. Most weeks zucchini comes in the box. I am so not creative when it comes to using zucchini. It's either sauteed with some mushrooms or it goes in zucchini bread.

I thought I'd branch out a bit this week and make some muffins. Crazy, huh? And I even went way out on a limb and added pineapple! And they were absolutely delicious.

If you have some leftover zucchini (heck, go buy some zucchini just to make these!), give this recipe from Frog Prince Paperie a try. I won't tell you how many I've eaten so far. My plan was to make 2 dozen, eat a few, and freeze the rest. I'm not sure there will be any left for the freezer.

By the way, if you haven't heard of Full Circle you should check them out. They have delicious organic fruits and veggies at a pretty reasonable price. And they deliver!

No comments:

Post a Comment