11.09.2011

Homemade Microwave Popcorn

Why have I not done this before? It's easy. It's cheap. It's fun for the kids. And I love popcorn. So I love this.

It's super simple. Add 1/4 cup popcorn kernels to a brown paper bag and seal with a piece of tape.

Put the bag in the microwave (seam side up) for 1 - 2 minutes. I let it pop for 1 1/2 minutes and there were quite a few kernels left in the bag so it could have popped for longer. I hate burnt popcorn though so I'd rather eat fewer delicious, delicious kernels of perfectly popped popcorn than smell that nasty burnt popcorn smell for days. I'm sure you agree.

While the microwave was running, Finley decided to create a popcorn cafe. She took a box of diapers (delivered straight to my door that morning from Amazon.com - love them!), covered it with a beautiful tablecloth blankie, pulled up a few chairs, and invited her brother to a nice popcorn meal. How cute are they?

Thanks make and takes for the fun idea!

No comments:

Post a Comment