3.20.2012

Cooking for Kids: Hawaiian Pizza Puffs

Finley asked me to make pizza for dinner last night. I was happy for her input because it was about 4 p.m. and I still had no plan for the night. But I didn't feel like pulling out the big KitchenAid mixer to make homemade pizza dough. So I cheated and made these pizza puffs instead.

These are very simple and can really be made with whatever add-ins you'd like. I've made them with pepperoni and olives before. Next time I'd like to make a breakfast version with sausage and cheddar cheese. Or maybe some bacon. I do love my bacon!

Hawaiian Pizza Puffs (adapted from Rachael Ray's Pepperoni Pizza Puffs recipe)

  • 3/4 cup flour
  • 3/4 teaspoon baking powder
  • 3/4 cup milk
  • 1 egg, lightly beaten
  • 1 cup shredded mozzarella
  • 1 cup ham, chopped or cubed
  • 1 cup pineapple tidbits
  • 1 teaspoon pizza or italian seasoning

1. Preheat the oven to 375 degrees and grease a muffin tin. You can use a mini-muffin tin or a regular size one.

2. In a medium size bowl, whisk the flour, baking powder and italian seasoning together.

3. Add the milk and egg and mix together.

4. Stir in the ham and pineapple. Let sit for 10 minutes.

5. Stir the mixture and divide among the muffin cups.

6. Serve with warmed marinara sauce or some ranch dressing.

7. Enjoy!

No comments:

Post a Comment