11.08.2011

ParentMap Lectures: Nurture Shock

ParentMap is hosting a series of lectures this spring on topics ranging from marriage, parenting, teens and bullying. The lecture that caught my eye in particular was Nurture Shock: New Twists That Shape Children's Success by Ashley Merryman. Ashley Merryman is the co-author of a book called NurtureShock: New Thinking About Children.

A friend of mine (who is a veteran parent) recommended this book to me a year ago. I was sucked in from the beginning. It's a fascinating look at the way we are raising our children. I actually need to go back and read it again since I was living a very sleep-deprived life with a 2-year-old and 5-month-old at the time. But even in my sleep-deprived state, I loved it and got a lot out of it.

Check out the website for more information on the other lectures. There are a few others that I'm interested in attending. I will be skipping the teen lectures since I'm choosing to ignore the fact that I will ever have a teenage daughter (though she acts like a teenager at times). ;)

Details ---
What: Nurture Shock: New Twists That Shape Children's Success Lecture
Where: Washington Cathedral (12300 Woodinville Redmond Rd. Redmond, WA)
When: March 1, 2012 7 p.m. - 9 p.m.
Cost: $20 for single lecture or $99 for the series of 7 lectures
More Info: The ParentMap website

No comments:

Post a Comment