11.08.2011

Miller Library: Nature Themed Story Program

I was poking around on the University of Washington Botanic Gardens website looking for fun events for kids and found this nature themed story program. Actually what caught my eye was the December 17th program. It includes the book Chipmunk Song by Joanne Ryder. Which has absolutely nothing to do with the Alvin and the Chipmunks song The Chipmunk Song (All I Want For Christmas). But it caught my attention since The Chipmunk Song is currently Finley's all time favorite song and whenever she isn't talking or whining, she is singing that song. (Can you tell I'm just a little tired of hearing "me I want a hula-hoop!"?)

Anyway, I'm thinking of checking this out soon. There are stories and an activity each month that celebrate gardens, plants and nature. Sounds like it's fun for the kids and a great learning opportunity. It's a bit of a drive but combined with a walk around the campus it could be a fun and frugal day out!

Details ---
Where: Elisabeth C. Miller Library (3501 NE 41st St. Seattle, WA)
When: 10:30 a.m. - 11:15 a.m. on Saturday, November 19th, December 17th, January 7, February 11, March 10
Cost: Free!
More Info: UW Botanic Gardens website
Details: The website says ages 3 - 8 but families are welcome. So if you have younger kids bring them along, too.

No comments:

Post a Comment