12.08.2011

Just Okay: Santa Story Time at Redmond Town Center

I've been trying to find my Christmas spirit so I took my kids to Redmond Town Center this week for Story Time with Santa. I called beforehand to make sure it wasn't an outside activity since it's an outdoor mall (brrrr!). They told me it was inside Santa's house so it shouldn't be too cold.

When we got there, there were lots of other moms and dads waiting with their kids and one tiny, little Santa house. (Santa's not livin' large this year!) They opened doors around 11 and we all parked our strollers outside and tried to cram in. I think there were probably over 25 kids and parents in a pretty small space. Santa read two stories and then gave candy canes to all the kids.

Play, Stay Away or Just Okay
This was the first Santa story time I've been to, so I don't know for sure if there are better ones out there. But this one was Just Okay. The space was super small, though it could have been extra busy on the day we went. And Santa may have been photogenic, but he certainly wasn't the most animated storyteller I've ever heard.

If you're at Redmond Town Center on a Tuesday or a Thursday at 11, I would definitely stop by and listen to the stories and get a candy cane (this was probably the best part for my kids!). But if you live 20 - 30 minutes away like I do, I wouldn't make a special trip for it.

No comments:

Post a Comment