12.19.2011

Play: My Garden Nursery


After spending 3 weeks fretting over what kind of damage our very active 18-month-old boy would do to a Christmas tree (I imagined him pulling a Buddy the Elf stunt and jumping on the tree from the couch), we decided to bite the bullet and just get one. So we headed to My Garden Nursery to pick out the perfect tree.


I'm sure most of you already have your trees up and decorated, but if you're from the future and you're wondering where to get your Christmas tree, I want to tell you about this great shop. The service here is fantastic. Every single person I talk to there is super friendly and super helpful. (They were kind enough to help us with our slug problem in a eco-friendly manner a summer or two ago.)


It's no different at Christmas time. They are more than happy to help you pick out your tree, give it a clean cut, trim off any branches, put it in that netting that I'm sure has a name but is totally escaping me right now, and the best part - tie it to the top of your car. Talk about full service.

I have no idea if other places do all this. But I love to support a local business rather than going to a big name store or tree lot.


There's lots of other fun stuff to see while you're there. They have a very fun gnome display. I don't know why, but I have a thing for gnomes right now. They're so cute and round and lovable, dontcha think? Or maybe it's just me.


There's a little gnome that's looking a little guilty. I wonder what she's getting into.


They also have a fun train table for the kiddos to play with.


And a new toy section with lots of great garden-themed toys. This store is a lot like Molbak's. With the toy section and the trains and indoor plant area to explore, it's a great outing for you and your kids any time of year.


We got our tree home and decorated. And after all that fretting, the boy has barely touched it. I think he's forgotten it's even there.


Finley, on the other hand, has been decorating and redecorating the tree and making little forts under it. I'll be keeping an eye on her!

Merry Christmas!

No comments:

Post a Comment